Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On the Road Again



Well the 2010 Tour d'Afrique is set to start again on Jan 16th 2010.  We have a record number of riders signed up this year.  Fifty eight full tour riders from 16 different countries.  I've been working for the past few months on tour planning a logistics.  Interviewing new staff, answering rider questions, setting up our new timing system and revising the way we use our GPS units.  I'll try to write blog posts again as regularly as possible.  Pictures will be difficult to upload, the internet speeds are just too slow in most countries.  I am bringing at net book this year with some photo compression software on it so hopefuly that will help. 

The time back in Tallahassee has gone way to quickly.  It's been an incredibly busy time for me.  In retrospect perhaps 3 months is too short a time to resettle, restart a business, prepare for another 4 month journey, shut down a business and take off again.  Thanks to my family, friends and customers for their understanding and for making things a bit easier.  I've got a week left in Tallahassee.  Then a few days in Charlotte with my family, a few days in DC to celebrate the new year and then, on Jan 7th, off on another trip from Cairo to Cape Town by bike. 

It's exciting to be a part of the tour as a Tour Director, I hope I don't screw it up!

No comments: